You can accept your financial aid award online through MyOSU.
Understand Before You Accept
By accepting your award, you are stating that you have read, understand, and accept the Terms and Conditions of your award. As a recipient of financial aid, you must meet certain requirements to maintain financial aid eligibility. The Office of Financial Aid reserves the right to revise a financial aid award during any time of the year if there are changes in your financial aid eligibility. You will be notified through your OSU student email if new requirements have been established or revisions have been made. Your aid eligibility may change based on FAFSA Verification, Satisfactory Academic Progress, withdrawing from courses, course participation, Census Date enrollment and other factors.
The acceptance deadlines listed on your award letter do not apply to federal Ford Direct subsidized and unsubsidized loan offers. If you are still deciding how much to accept in Ford loans, you may wait until closer to the start of the term to accept that portion of the aid offer.
Students Who Are Not Yet Admitted
You will not be able to login and accept your aid offer until you have received your Admission’s letter and your OSU student ID number. If you have not yet received your ID number and cannot login to MyOSU, you may disregard the acceptance deadline listed on your award letter. Just be sure to accept or decline your aid offer once the Admission’s process is complete.
How to Accept Your Aid Offer
To accept your financial aid, login to MyOSU. Log in using your ONID username and password. If you need assistance with this information, you can contact the OSU Computer Help Desk at 541-737-3474.
You can then accept, reject, or revise your Financial Aid Award through MyOSU by completing the following steps:
- Select the Paying for College tab
- Select Financial Aid Awards
- Select the appropriate year (ex. 2017-2018)
- Answer and submit any relevant questions on the Resources/Additional Information Tab
- Review your Terms & Conditions by selecting the Terms and Conditions tab
- Then select Accept Award Offer tab
- Make your decisions about the aid that you want
- Click Submit when done
- Go to www.studentloans.gov to complete any necessary Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Notes (these are both required in order to receive federal student loans).
- Your parents can also apply for a Parent PLUS loan up to the remaining cost of attendance by completing a PLUS loan application and Master Promissory Note available for them through the Federal Student Loans website.
*You may accept all or a portion of aid awarded to you. You are also not required to accept the maximum loan amount offered to you. To borrow a lesser amount, indicate the total amount of loan you wish to borrow for the academic year. When deciding what amount to accept, please note that your loans must be divided up equally throughout the academic year.
*Important notice about Parent PLUS loan applications: The PLUS loan application will not be available for 2017-2018 until March 29, 2017. If you attempt to apply prior to that date you will be told that OSU does not participate in the program. Rest assured, OSU DOES participate in the Federal Direct Parent PLUS loan program. Applications for parent PLUS loan requires a credit check each time the parent applies for the loan and is only valid for 180 days. Applying too early may cause delays with processing and disbursements. Students can review their file status by logging into their ONID account.