Oregon State University has set aside funding to assist students who may experience hardship in covering the increased cost of tuition scheduled for the 2016-2017 academic year. This funding is being provided to help ensure that students with demonstrated financial need are able to continue their education at OSU. The eligibility criteria is listed below and an online application will be available through student services in the MyOSU portal beginning July 1, 2016. Assistance is for the 2016-2017 year only and will be available until allotted funds have been expended.
OSU Assistance Fund Eligibility Criteria:
- Continuing undergraduate Corvallis and Cascades students attending the 2016-17 academic year
- Students are required to have filed a 2016-2017 FAFSA and accepted all financial aid offers through MyOSU except federal work-study and Parent PLUS loan
- Students with high financial need as defined by the FAFSA and enrolled for 15 or more credit hours each term will be given priority consideration
How to apply:
- An online application will be made available through MyOSU beginning July 1, 2016 for eligible undergraduate students
Tools to assist you to determine your need for additional funds:
- Review your current financial aid award at MyOSU under the “Paying for College” tab
- Determine your yearly tuition costs by viewing the 2016-2017 Tuition & Fee Schedules
- Create a yearly budget using a one term budget worksheet available here and review the estimated Cost of Attendance
- Based on your term by term budget, determine how much additional aid you need to continue your education for 2016-2017 (remember to multiply your additional need by the number of terms you plan to attend)
- Applicants will be reviewed on a case by case basis to determine the award amount. Awards will be made until the fund has been exhausted.