You are here
When do I apply?
- Now is a good time to start searching for scholarships for the next year. There are many resources available to aid you in your search, such as the Oregon State University Scholarship Database, Oregon Office of Student Access and Completion Scholarship (OSAC)Application for Oregon residents, and a number of online search engines as well! Be sure you keep up on any deadlines that are tied to scholarships to insure you don’t miss out on an opportunity!
- The FAFSA application is available for submission beginning January 1st. You can submit your FAFSA using estimated amounts and update it later once your taxes are complete. The initial filing date is used to determine your status date for funds with limited availability (Funds such as Pell Grant and Direct/PLUS loans are not affected by an early deadline). Be sure you are as accurate as possible with your estimates, as we will award your initial financial aid based on your estimates. Should your updated tax information change your eligibility, your aid award will be revised accordingly. OSU's FAFSA Priority Deadline is February 28th! This is the date used for awarding limited funds. FAFSA applications submitted after February 28th will still be eligible for federal financial aid such as the Pell Grant, and FORD Direct Loans.
- Oregon Opportunity Grant-Awarded by the Oregon Office of Student Access and Completion (OSAC), the Oregon Opportunity Grant is available to Oregon residents and Oregon State is notified of your eligibility by OSAC. The FAFSA application is required to be submitted by February 1, 2014 to be considered for an award. Opportunity Grants are awarded first-come, first-served, according to application date until funds are depleted. We encourage all applicants to submit their FAFSAs as close to January 1st as possible to be considered. For more information, visit the OSAC website.
- OSAC Early Bird Scholarship Application deadline is February 16th! Receive an early application review and a chance to win a $500 scholarship if you submit your completed and error-free OSAC application by this date. If errors are found, you will receive an opportunity to make corrections. Visit the OSAC website for additional information.
- Oregon State FAFSA Priority Filing Deadline is February 28th! FAFSA applications submitted after February 28th will still be eligible for federal financial aid such as the Pell Grant, and FORD Direct Loans.
- OSAC Scholarship Applications are due March 1st. Visit OSAC for more information.
- Financial aid award letters are sent to incoming priority deadline applicants.