You are here
When do I apply?
- The FAFSA application is available for submission beginning October 1st. Starting with the 17/18 school year, you can submit your FAFSA using the tax information from 2 years prior. That means your 17/18 FAFSA will use the information from the taxes you filed in 2015. Most students and parents should be able to download their tax information into the FAFSA using the IRS data retrieval tool .
- OSU's FAFSA Priority Deadline is February 28th but earlier is better! The initial FAFSA filing date is used for awarding limited funds so earlier is better. FAFSA applications submitted after February 28th may still be eligible for federal financial aid such as the Pell Grant, FORD Direct Loans, and PLUS Loans.
- Now is a good time to start searching for scholarships for the next year. There are many resources available to aid you in your search, such as the Oregon State University Scholarship Database, Oregon Office of Student Access and Completion Scholarship (OSAC) Application for Oregon residents, and a number of online search engines as well! Be sure you keep up on any deadlines that are tied to scholarships to ensure you don’t miss out on an opportunity!
- OSAC Early Bird Scholarship Application deadline is February 15 - 5pm PST each year: Early Bird deadline. Complete applications (including transcripts) submitted by this date and time receive an early review, and error-free Apps will be entered into a drawing for one of several $1,000 Early Bird scholarship awards. Visit the OSAC website for additional information.
- Oregon State FAFSA Priority Filing Deadline is February 28th! FAFSA applications submitted after February 28th may still be eligible for federal financial aid such as the Pell Grant, and FORD Direct Loans.
- OSAC Scholarship Applications are due March 1st. Visit OSAC for more information.
- Financial aid award letters are sent to incoming priority deadline applicants.